Tuesday, February 4, 2014

"It's Time"

"So this is what you meant
When you said that you were spent
And now it's time to build from the bottom of the pit
Right to the top
Don't hold back
Packing my bags and giving the academy a rain-check
I don't ever wanna let you down

I don't ever wanna leave this town
'Cause after all
This city never sleeps at night
It's time to begin, isn't it?

I get a little bit bigger but then I'll admit
I'm just the same as I was
Now don't you understand
That I'm never changing who I am"


These are some lyrics from a song called "It's Time" by Imagine Dragons. I feel like it's just right for what I am feeling. These last couple of days have been filled with so much emotion. I have been beyond excited to start this new adventure and yet so sad to leave behind all of my wonderful family and friends.

I am ready to leave the world that I have known for the last 23 years of  my life behind me and start a whole new one. I have 18 months. Sounds like a lot but when I really think about it, it's only 18 months. That's not even a quarter of the life that I have lived thus far.
So 18 months to grow.
18 months to see people with my eyes truly open.
18 months to speak a new language.
18 months to build my life around words given to us by Heavenly Father.
18 months to be bound, not in a negative way but in the most selfless way possible.
18 months to bind myself to my companions, to my mission president, to members and nonmembers, to the poor and the rich. 
18 months to bind myself to people, which after all is the most important bond we can make.
18 months to serve.
18 months to love.
18 months to give.

Love,
Hermanaut

No comments:

Post a Comment