Friday, June 20, 2014

I can't think of a a cool subject....

This would be the picture that my companion took
of me with my own camera the other night. We study
every morning but I have been trying to start and end
my days with God even more but sometimes
I am really tired. The heat gets to me, ok? hahaaha
Hey everyone!

SHOUTOUTS!!!
Happy birthday last week to my sweet little cousins Sadie and Maddie! I love you girls! 
Also, happy birthday and Happy Father's day to my dad! I love you tons!!
 
I hope that you are all having an excellent week! The weather here has been hot, hot, hot every single day! Saturday morning all of our appointments fell so we ended up walking around for 3 hours straight in the sun looking for less active members from a list that we have. It turns out the mojority aren't less active, they just don't live here anymore haha. 

This is my new zone after the transfer that we just had.
I got moved to the back because I am the second
tallest person in the zone.... rude. The other elder wanted
to be in front so he kneeled down haha
We had some really great experiences this week. We found a wonderful couple and had a really spiritual lesson with them. The husband said the prayer at the end of our lesson and cried. When he finally lifted his head he told us  that he wasn't ashamed to be crying because he knows that he has found something with us. He is really trying to find God and faith in Christ. He is incredible. His wife is in support of whatever will help him. They are really excited to attend church with their kids but couldn't commit to this Sunday because they already have plans but have commited to attending the next Sunday. 


Also, this is how we eat mangos in Mexico!
Yesterday, we had SEVEN investigators in church! 5 of them came on their own! Two, Tammy and Peter came with us with a member and said they were only going to stay for the first hour. They ended up staying for all three hours! Tammy is super awesome! She loved it! When we were in Relief Society with all the other woman, we were missing a couple days for the food from the families that provide for us and she raised her hand to give us food for one of the days! I was sitting with her while my companion sat with some other investigators and I just looked at her and said thank you so much! She patted me on the leg and said that it was the least that she could do. She looked like she was about to cry! We haven't been able to talk to Peter but we are hoping that he enjoyed it as well! He seemed to like it a lot in the first two hours!

This has been such a great experience! There have been tough times and bad things that have happened but I have loved every second of it! I know that Christ truly died for our sins and for the tough times. He knows how to help us perfectly because He has already suffered what we are now experiencing. The plan the our loving Heavenly Father has for us is perfect! We have a divinity, a potential, that He has created for us. We can reach this potential when we are humble, completely rely on God, and have faith in Christ and His atonement.

I love you all so much! Have such wonderful weeks! 
Con todo mi carazon,
Hermanaut

No comments:

Post a Comment