Tuesday, February 10, 2015

An end to the drought!!!!!



I had to do it :)
SHOUTOUTS!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my AWESOME and VERY YOUNG ;) Bishop Uncle Lynn! Thank you for being such and example to me and showing me the way to the gospel!! ALSO! Happy birthdayyyyyyy POPPA HUCTH BROTHER HUTCHENSSSS!! You too are so very youg and have so many years in front of you! I LOVE YOU BOTH!!!!
 So FINALLY! We saw an end to the three week drought that we had of not having any investigators at church... It was so freaking hard. I am not going to lie, it was so hard. A lot of trials came in this time. But last week we found a lady named Mari. She is incredible!! The day we contacted her I felt this crazy feeling that I already knew her! She has had an unreal amount of trials in her life but she desires with all that she has to do what the Lord wants of her. We go to see her every other day. She loves learning is so very smart! She reads a ton, does the additional study in the pamphlets we give her, and prays. She came to church and looked just like she belonged there. I just love being around her. She is so damaged for her life but also tries so very hard to be the person that God wants her to be.
This is what sleeping in the living room looks like... Last night we
tried to go to bed early because we had stayed up late for the
detector incident... but we couldn't sleep.... So for
20 minutes of the hour early we planned on sleeping
we took pictures instead :) ENJOY



I also completed ONE YEAR in the mission. In only 6 months I will be home. The time has gone by so fast but I just love it here. Sometimes I still can't believe it. I can't believe that I am living in Mexico, speaking Spanish every single day all day, and that I am a missionary. It's so wonderful!
We had a really funny experience Saturday night/ Sunday morning. Our gas/CO detector went off. It's a new thing that the mission has given us, these detectors... and it turns out that nobody knows what to do when it goes off. Haha so after about 2 hours of phone calls between us and our district leader and zone leaders... we ended up pulling out our matresses at 2 in the morning to the living room and sleeping in there for the next two nights. That is the consensus that we and the elders came up to. We are pretty sure the detector just malfunctioned but to be safe this is what we did. It was super awesome haha. 

Anyways, thank you all so much for the kind words that you gave me for the incident that happened. It is comforting to know that you all love me so much to take time to say these things to me. I am doing so much better. I have been studying a lot and learning so many things. I know that this gospel really is the key to the everylasting happiness that we all look and desire for.

I hope you all have a great week!

Hermanaut

No comments:

Post a Comment