Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Peaceful



Hello everyone!!

Happy birthday to Little Reaganita! I can't believe that she is already two years old! Love ya hermanita!!

Welcome to Cuernavaca!
So what to say, what to say? I first want to give the biggest thank you that I can to you all. This week I was blessed many emails of pure love. Many of them made me laugh, smile, and tear up all at the same time. To be honest, I feel so very unworthy sometimes to have so many people that love me and show it to me so often. Honestly, after every monday of emailing I feel refreshed and ready to face the week that comes. You all are such a special light in my life. I am more than convinced that the love that one feels from another is just proof of God in our lives. God IS love. So as I feel all of the love that you all give me I feel so blessed to feel a part of the love that God has for us. I know that as we open our hearts and let love in we can never be sad because you just can't! It's a personal connection with the Lord that can never be replaced! It also makes me so happy to know that so many of my loved ones are being blessed so highly. I know that God works in our lives daily, we just need to be a little more sensitive to the Holy Ghost that testifies to us of the things of Him. 
We ate a really good hamburger this day!

Well, the first thing I want to tell you guys about it the relationship that I have developed with my companion. For the weeks that we were struggling I was constantly begging the Lord that He would open my heart to allow me to let her in as well as her heart for the same reason. I can testify that the Lord has done this for the both of us. In these last three weeks we have experienced so many things together. We are closer than ever. The Lord has made our hearts of stone become hearts of flesh. (see Ezekiel 36:26-27https://www.lds.org/scriptures/ot/ezek/36.26?lang=eng#25 ) I can't describe what has happened in our relationship and the effect that it has had in our work here. As we have learned to love each other, serve each other, and understand each other we have also developed the capacity to do the same thing for other
people. Last week we had one of the most spiritual lessons that I have had in my mission and one of the most spiritual experiences in my life. We have an investigator named Rosa who is blind and is missing a leg. Her mother and brother are members of the baptist church and they off and on listen to us. Well her brother left and her mother (her name is Maria) stayed to listen. We had decided to just read Moroni 10 from the Book of Mormon to them. ( https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/moro/10?lang=eng ) We didn't do anything. We just read. But as we read we both felt something incredible. We didn't even pause to give understanding to them because we botbh could feel the Spirit and KNEW that they understood because the Spirit was testifying to them. My whole body was really hot, but not an uncomfortable hot but a very peaceful heat. My hands felt like they were holding fire. My companion also felt something very powerful.As we finished reading we looked at Maria and she knew that everything was true and told us that it was. We then read to her Moroni 8 ( https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/moro/8?lang=eng ) because in the lesson before she expressed to us the guilt that she felt for baptizing her children when they were so young. Again the whole room was filled with the Spirit but even stronger. She then also testified of the things that we read. I can't express to you guys in an email all that happened. But it was such an incredible feeling. My companion and I were able to testify of and say things that we would have not have been able to say had the Spirit not been there. I know that these two women will never forget what they felt that day and neither will we.
I seriously love this woman. This is Sister Martha.
She is INCREDIBLE!!! And really short

I can't end this email without offering a few more thoughts about the things that I have experienced in the mission. God is so powerful and loving. That day when this lesson happened, we as weak and imperfect servants could not have said or done anything like we experienced without the words that the Lord gave to his prophets that are found in the Book of Mormon. This book is so important in our lives. Although the original writings of the Book of Mormon are in gold plates we still hold the most important treasure in our hands when we read it. I am weak and imperfect. I am nothing in comparison to the Lord but He in His everlasting love and mercy has made me all that I am. I know that as wel pray fervently to the Lord that He hears us. Although we may start out as lumps of coal, if we pay attention to the councils that He has given us in the scriptures that He makes us into something so much more perfect. I can't love as He can love, but I surely can allow Him to help me love and serve as He would have me do. I know that the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is the best thing that can happen in the life of someone. I know that Christ died for our sins but on the third day He was resurrected. I know that because of His resurrection we can become new creatures. (see 2 Corinthians 5:17) I KNOW THAT HE LISTENS. I know that as we let other people into our lives and ask the Lord to help us see them as He sees them and love them as He loves them our hearts will be filled with an uncontrolable amount of love and that we will always be full.

I love you all so very much. I pray for all of you. I invite you all to read the Book of Mormon with an open heart so that you might see what the Lord wants to tell you. I also invite you all to choose a person who is difficult to love or that you are afraid to love and ask the Lord in a fervent prayer to give you the strength to love them. And during this process I invite you all to serve this person with all that you have, even if all that you have to serve them is to tell them hello or smile at them. I know that if the Lord has been able to make my heart, a heart that was cold and closed, become bigger and more able to love that He can also do the same for you.

See you all so very soon,
Hermanaut

1 comment: