Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A miracle is a miracle...









This would be us with the other companionship is our ward at
a member's house after eating last week. This family has a pretty
awesome view of Cuernavaca. My camera doesn't do it justice. 


  HELLO EVERYONE!

This last week was super hot. It's been rediculously hot recently... We are drinking a lot of water and trying to eat healthy so that we are able to keep up with the physical requirements. We also have so many freaking hills in our area it's unreal. I mean seriously. I am actually going to start doing more strengthening workout in the mornings for my knees because they have began to bother me. But other than that all is good.
My companion and I have been seeing some very special miracles. Truthfully, it's not anything crazy big, but this week I learned that a miracle is a miracle, it doesn't matter how big or little it is. 
 

This is a picture of a HUGE iguana! 



 This first one we saw was the baptism of Kristal as well as her confirmation. She was at the church on time for everything, to te very second. She was so excited and ready. She understood the new commitment the she was making to serve the Lord and wants so very much to change. I have come to know that a conversion is a miracle. Whatever person who truly converts to the Lord is a miracle. There are so many things that can impede us it would seem impossible to some, but the Lords ways are not our ways. He truly has allowed us to be instruments in His hands and I am utterly grateful.
This would be us with Kristal on the day of her baptism!!

This is la hermana Yadira! She has helped up out
a ton here in Burgos!! I love her so very much
but will be leaving us this or next week :(
This is Kristal with Brother Martin and Sister Lolita!
They are also a HUGE help in this work.
I explained to you guys about this matrimony a few weeks ago.
They are truthfully a huge example for me.


 This is a picture of our ward building. It's super new and super sweet!
I didn't know I was in the other picture!


Me and a member named Tzitzi! She is the daughter of
sister Yadira! Honestly, she will be an incredible missionary!
The other one that I would like to mention is something that happened yesterday. We planned to go and pick up some people to go to church with us. We went to the house to pick up Yazmin and her son Angel. In the few times that we have gone to teach her, her sister in law has also been around, she hasn't sat down to listen and didn't ever really show any interest to listen. Saturday before the baptism we went by to confirm with Yazmin but she wasn't there, however,
This is a huge statue of somebody
I don't know is el zocala de cuernavaca! 
 
We do love each other :)
 her sister in law, Elizabeth answered. We also invited her and she said that maybe she would come if she had time but would pass the message to Yazmin. Well Sunday morning we went by their house again and Elizabeth answered and asked us, "can you just wait a little I just need to brush my hair?" I, in shock but with a ton of excitment told her "OF COURSE" haha. Well, she told us the Yazmin and her sons planned on leaving so they wouldn't be able to attend with us but she and her 3 year old son, Lalo, accompanied us. Although it wasn't easy for her to pay attention she stayed for the whole first hour. She showed a ton of interest and now wants to listen in the next visit that we have with Yazmin. I felt a lot of gratitude. Although it's nothing certain I know that it was a way of the Lord telling us to keep working the best that we can.
I just want to comment about something I just keep understanding more and more everyday. Missionary work is truthfully a work of faith. I can't tell you guys how many times everyday that we are rejected. If I had a dollar for every time we are rejected I would be super rich, seriosuly. But any and every time that someone accepts a visit or just even listens is a miracle. And even of these that accept a visit or just listen there are very few that truthfully accompany us or REALLY accept our message. But we just keep trying because our message is more important than giving in to rejection.
I love you all so very much. Thank you so much for supporting me in this last year. 5 months from tomorrow I will be home... I can't even believe it. This is the best decision I have ever made and I owe so much to so many of you that have helped me in this. Thank you
Hermanaut

No comments:

Post a Comment