Tuesday, May 12, 2015

So fresh and so Green, Green

Hi everyone!!

ANOTHER transfer down and I am down to only 12 more weeks in the mission. 2 transfers and I will be going home...And what better way to go home than to end my mission training a new missionary?! Yep, on Wednesday afternoon I got the call that I would have a new companion and that she is just barely getting to the mission so I will be training her. My response to the elder was, "are you sure?" I feel so very inadequate to be training a new missionary but I also know that this was the answer that the Lord gave me to my prayers. I have been praying for patience and understanding as well as the ability to trust in him more so that I am not so anxious. I know that He will help me in these next 12 weeks. My new companion is Hermana Campos from Cajamarca, Peru. She is 20 years old and is super excited to learn. So I will be ending the mission without ever having an American companion! wooooo!! 

Last week was crazy. It was hard because Hermana Canaan and I knew that our companionship was coming to an end. I really love her and I learned so very much from her. She is and will be one of my best friends for life. Once we got the call that I would be training things got crazy. Thursday we had to go to the offices to pick up other sister missionaries who would be training and they stayed with us, Friday we had a capacitance for trainers, Saturday we were in a trio with another sister in the ward because her companion went home and so

we were helping them with a baptism. Saturday morning we were waiting to find out if we were going to be in a wedding that day. (I will explain in a minute) Then we went to the church and the baptismal font over flowed and flooded so we spent that whole time before the baptism cleaning it up. Sunday I was able to talk to my family which was so incredible! Then today we went to the offices early to drop my companion off and there I just waited for 3 hours to go and pick up my companion and then we were in another capacitance and after everything we didn't get back to the house until 3:45. Just a lot in very little days. So CRAZY.


We have seen a great progression of two investigators named Daniel and Sonia. They are a couple who are expecting a baby in June. On Tuesday we started to talk to them about the fact that they needed to get married in order to get baptized. Well without getting into too many details, I gave my ctr ring to Daniel and in that moment he got down on his knees and proposed to Sonia. It was incredible! And they asked me and Hermana Canaan to be the witnesses. It was so beautiful! So next Monday we will go to see them get married! I am stoked. They truly was to be better. They have shown their growth of their faith in so many ways and we can just see them working towards a better life. It makes me so happy to see this.

I just love this work so much. And even more than that I LOVE THIS GOSPEL. It is so wonderful and I feel so blessed to know my Father in heaven and my Savior better than I ever have before. I can't believe that this time has gone by so fast and that so soon I will be home but believe me that I am giving all that I have every day to glorify the Lord and help people come unto Christ. It's the only way to live.

I love you all so much!
Nos vemos muy pronto!
Hermanaut 
84 days



No comments:

Post a Comment