Friday, May 29, 2015

Special Transfers

Hellllllllo :)


Representation of me telling you guys
 "don't worry, I will be home soon!"
Monday! Again! I want to give a special shout out to Aidan, Ethan, and Keaton Anderson! Although I don't have nephews, they have treated me so very special! This last week I got a letter from Ethan with drawings and a cute letter calling me his aunt! I just got so happy when I received them and although I am not his aunt, I feel like one! Thank you boys so very much for all of the things that you have sent me in these last 16 months! And thank you for all of the prayers that you have sent my way. Your mom has told me all about it and I appreciate it a ton. I promise to send you drawings on your missions as well! :)
This last week went really well! I am not going to go into a ton of details this week because I still need to check on some school stuff. We have been able to find a lot of families. I want to share with you guys about the Bernal family. We received the mom as a referral last week and were able to see her on Friday. We had a short but powerful lesson with them. There are six in the family, the parents and 4 kids ranging from 9-14. The parents sent two of the daughters to church yesterday and they loved it. Last night we had a lesson with them, including their father. We taught about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. They understood very well. I really love them. They love to learn about Jesus and about what He and our Heavenly Father expect of us. The father offered the last prayer. We were all kneeling and I just smiled the whole time because he just sounded like he was talking to God. I look forward to our next visit with them.

Also, last week we found a girl who is 19. She is super awesome and came to church yesterday and loved it. We have an appointment with her tomorrow and she just loves to learn as well.

I also told you about a member here named Cheli. Well her grandmother came to church AGAIN yesterday! She also explained to us that she plans on making all of the changes possible to be able to start going to church again. IT'S A MIRACLE. The Lord has worked a wondrous miracle in her heart. For the last 4 months that I have been here, we have gone to see her every week. It is worth it. I love seeing her progress and her granddaughter is so very happy.
Mom and daughter :)

I wrote special transfers because that's what happened today. Our zone leaders called to tell us this morning that the other sisters in the ward have had special transfers. Sister Campos and I have been left with the whole ward. We moved to the other house today. I am grateful for that because now we live with the Bishop and he is super rad. It's a lot of area honestly. It takes about an hour to get from one end to the other from one side and another hour to get from end to end on the other side. But I am excited because I feel that the Lord is trusting us a lot to take on this whole ward. We will have to involve the members more to help us out. I know that the Lord has made this change so that We AND THE MEMBERS work and progress even more.

From our milt-zone conference two weeks ago.
That elder is pretending to be a dead fish.
And yes, that's our mission president who "caught him."
I just want to end commenting on how happy I am even with all of the trials. The mission has been such an amazing time of growth for me. Although my personality is the same, I also feel so very different. I can't explain it. The Lord really does work miracles in the hearts of his children. I am working so hard every single day to be the best missionary possible.

Love you all so very much
See you soon
Hermanaut 
70 days


PS. I chose a major. I am going to finish my degree in.... INTERNATIONAL STUDIES!! wooo hooo!! I will have a Spanish minor as well ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment