Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Cuernavaca and Back!

You all are so wonderful for including me in your 4th of July adventures by sending me some really fun pictures! I am really so grateful for each and every one of you! :)
MMMM TACOS! Please ignore the posters
 in the background, they are a work in progress 
that we dont use enough haha
This week we had to go to the mission home again to get my temporary residency card. On wednesday afternoon at about 3, we took the drive there and stayed the night in Cuernavaca. We came back Thursday afternoon and got back to Acapulco at about 6:30 that night. It is hard to reach some of our goals when we are out of our area for so long but we are working very hard to get back on track!
We have been working with a woman here name Anna! She is the sweetest thing! She had a really tough childhood which included being sold off to be married at 13. She had 3 children with her first husband but more bad luck came her way and had to escape that marriage and is now married to another wonderful man named Matthew. They live together with her 2 youngest boys and they call Matthew their dad. Through these times she has struggled to find the correct church. We were referred to her by another family of investigators that we have and she has really embraced the gospel. At first her husband was really against "the Mormons" but after we had talked to him and has seen how much more hope and happiness she has he is willing to see what the church and this gospel

Los Tarascos, the best tacos in the whole world!
have to offer. She has read in the Book of Mormon quite a bit but admitted to us that she wasn't praying until a couple nights ago. She even bought a new dress to attend church yesterday but has had some really bad health issues and has been unable to walk for a couple days and they could not attend. BUT yesterday after church we visited her and talked with her and she told us that she knows that she will be able to attend next week. She was willing to recieve a priesthood blessing yesterday and afterward she expressed to us that she feels as if this is what she has been waiting for and other very wonderful things. She has a son that is 10 years old and has been very welcoming to us and he also looks forward to church. Her other youngest son is 6 and is a huge goofball! Please pray for Anna and her family that they can find the ways to become even closer to our Heavenly Father!!

Yesterday the ward Relief Society president (the part of church where all the woman are together) gave the lesson. She said some things that I would like to share :) I am not sure if she made this up or had heard it before but it really made me do some deep thinking.
"Faith is an action word. The action is obedience."
I have really been pondering this and it has given me such a new perspective. When we are obedient and follow all of the commandments that God has given us we are truly showing our faith. Faith is believing in things that we can't touch or see. We can't physically touch or see the blessing that come from obedience but we can feel them. We can know the truth of them by the guidance of the Holy Ghost. As we choose to be obedient, we are aligning ourselves with Heavenly Father and with His plan. We recieve difts through this obedience and our faith is no longer faith but knowledge because we have endured in faith. We see the blessing of obedience which increases our faith.
We were stoked when the water finally came back!

I am so grateful to be here. Although things have been very tough with my companion I am trying to understand what she is going through and love her even when it's hard, just as all of you have understood and loved me even when I didn't deserve it. I am learning so much about the plan that God has for us, about this Gospel and about myself. I am being tried every single day and I am grateful for it. I know that through our trials we recieve answers to prayers and can become a new person. I know that when we change it isn't to better only ourselve but to help others. As I have truly realized, you never know how much your faith and being close to God can truly save another person. Many of you were there for me when I was investigating in this gospel and it is because of you that I am here serving and trying to give back all that you gave me. Thank you for your love and support always.

I love you guys with all that I have.
Hermanaut

No comments:

Post a Comment