Wednesday, July 30, 2014


Hi everyone!

Although I have so much to say, this will probably be a short email. I don't have much time left! BUT I want to share with guys what a great week this has been! It was a 100% different change to my last 18 weeks that I have had in Mexico. My companion is incredible and loving. She is so funny as well. We have been reading the Book of Mormon every night in voz alto, or aloud. She reads in Englisha dn I read in Spanish. I have really seen a difference with my spanish and her english, even in the short time we have been doing it. 

We had so many MIRACLES this week. Literally everyday. We were able to reach almost all of the goals that we made this week. We even had a couple people come up to us to talk about the gospel. AND in a good way :) We have two girls who are taking the lessons now. They are really sweet and we are looking forward to meeting their family this week. 

On Wednesday we were walking to an appointment. We passed by a man who was selling tacos. We talked to him for a while and he ended up giving us a ton of tacos for free and we were also able to set an appointment to see him. About an hour or two later, an appointment fell so we went to visit a family that is less active. We read the Book of Mormon with them and it was really great and spiritual. We started walking to our lunch appointment at about 2:45 and we passed by an less active members house. We realized something was going and realized that woman's husband (who is American) was suffering from something. He had a fever of about 107 and was cunvulsing. He could hear but couldn't talk or control his body. It was very scary. As we waited for help the missionaries in our ward were able to come and give him a blessing. I was also able to talk to him in English to calm him down. You could really see the difference in his convuslions when I wa tlaking to him. He could understand better. Then when the ambulance came you could tell he was very scared because everyone was talking in Spanish and he is very old so I know ti must have been difficult. I know though that had we not passed it might have been worse had I not been able to be there to talk to him to calm him down. I also got permission to call and send a text to his famiyl in english to let them know what was going on. We ended up being there later waiting for the grand mother of the daughters of this wife and husband to come. We missed eating for the rest of the day BUT since we got to eat a ton of free tacos we didn't need it. Literally, that was just ONE day of many miracles we saw this week. We met two more people who are deaf and I was able to talk to them about the gospel. I have picked up the differences a little bit from American sign language to spanish sign language. 

It has been great in the mission and I am so grateful to be here.. I have been here for almost 6 months! It seems like one week! We are working diligently to make the best of the time that we have. 

Well my time is up! I love you guys so much and miss you guys always! 

Con todo my carzon,

No comments:

Post a Comment