Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Insects, wild animals and Tepotzlan

HI EVERYONEE!! I am so happy to write you guys :)
SHOUT OUT TO MY IDAHO FAMILY!! Thank you guys soooo much for the package that you sent! I didn't get a picture with the stuff becaaaause a lot of the stuff is already eaten :) hahaha but thank you so much!

I am short on time but we have the baptism of Jared this week. Rosie wasn't baptized last week because her mom wasn't willing to let her. We are working with her family and trying to help her mom understand a little better. Rosie really is super ready to do this covenant with God but also doesn't want to upset her mom. We will pray for miracles :)

This last week was a little odd. Hermana Pirez and I were together longer for a few days more because transfers were delayed due to some circumstances in the mission. She left as well as another sister missionary that shares the ward with us. So they left and I stayed here with the other missionary for about two more days. It was really hard to get things done these days because we had a bunchof appointments and our areas are super far from each other BUT on friday afternoon my new companion came in. Her name is Hermana Ruiz. SHe is here from Mexico and is 27. I have found that it has been a bit of challenge with her in these last couple days. She is super sweet, really. She just really likes a lot of attention and tells everyone that she's 27 and was a chef. She has about 6 months in the mission. BUT I am trying to understand her better. I find her really following what I do, in almost every aspect so I try to be the best example possible for her. 

TODAY, we went to a small city called Tepotzlan! It was soooo rad! They have super cool shops but the coolest thing was that we and about 30 other missionaries hiked up to the top of this huge mountain. It's about an hour hike and STRAIGHT UP.. BUT at the top there is this old pyramid. We climbed, and sweated, and we were breathing hard but it was really super rad. It was also super cool to know other missionaries in the mission. All of the missionaries are in one state of our mission right now so there are about 3,4 or 5 missionaries in every ward. We got special permission to do this and it was super cool! I know that this is definitely one spot that I will want to come back to with my sister, she will LOVE the hike. I am super tired but it was worht it! AND at the top there were these wild animals and we could touch them sometimes! 

Don't worry, it's not all fun. We are working super hard in this area to help people feel the love of God in their lives. Something thing I learned today was this:

In Tepotzlan, we all left in groups so that it wasn't so many together. My companion was with me but she decided to go up earlier and I stayed with one of the other sisters. The sister I hiked with had done the hike before so she was always telling me about where we were in the hike. We were supporting each other and motivating each other because it was pretty hard. At the bottom it's pretty dark for the trees but as we went higher it got lighter because we were higher up with the trees. We kept saying "casi, casi" which means "almost, almost." I felt like this sister missionary was like my guide. We took our time and we really were just watching and looking at the beauty around us. Finally, we got almost to the top and we said again "casi, casi" and commented on how beautiful it was. Then the sister missionary looked back and me and said, "Y es mas bonita arriba." which means "and it's more beautiful up there." It hit me. As missionaries, we are guides for the people in Mexico. We have tasted the beauty of "up there" and we are here to tell them, "casi, casi" and "es mas bonita arriba." That is the gospel of Jesus Christ. The climb is hard, you're sweating and want to give up. Your kness are shaking, sometimes you're scared but there is always a guide that is telling you, "almost, almost" and reminding you that it's more beautiful up there. I have so much hope in this ugly world because I KNOW that "it's more beautiful up there."

I love you guys so much! Thank you for all the love and aupport you constantly send me :)

Hermanaut

No comments:

Post a Comment