Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Happy 8 months to me!

Please meet Cristopher and his family! 

So yesterday was EIGHT months in the mission field. Holy moly.  I can not even believe it! I am almost HALFWAY done with my mission. It has gone by so fast, yikes!

Also, meet the new, improved and sinless Cristopher ;) hahaha

 I wanted to give you guys and idea of the shops in Mexico.
 This is an awful picture of the shops here in Mexico
but the good places to shop are found in these weird
dark buildings. It's like black market but not really haha.






















This week has been pretty good but also super slow. I have been a little bummed because I have felt like my companion and I get along so incredibly well yet we just can't agree or don't have the same idea of obedience and missionary work. In this sense it has been a bit rough for me BUT this last week, although slow was so much better than the 4 that we has earlier had. We have been incredibly blessed with awesome people to work with between our investigators and members. God wants us to do work in this area, that is one thing I am sure of. I have realized though how much of the mission is a huge learning experience. Although, my companion and I get along really well, there are moments between us that test me in ways that I have literally never have experienced before. And in turn, the things that I am tested with with my companion have prepared me for people that we have met. I have met so many interesting people here. I have learned patience and love for people that I would have never had love and patience for before the mission. I am learning that obedience brings blessings for more reasons than I could have understand. We have transfers next monday! I am pretty sure that I will be staying here but you never know. 

me eating a big delicious pizza IN MEXICO!
We had the Church's general conference yesterday and Saturday, It was so excellent. I as well as another sister missionary and an elder sat in the office of our church building to watch it in English. Although there were only three of us in the room we felt an extra special spirit. We all agreed that even when a speaker was talking about a certain topic we felt inspiration for ourselves, our investigators, the members of our wards, and our family and friends that sometimes didn't even have anything to do with what the speaker was talking about. We were like 40 minutes behind everyone else because they were watching it via satellite and we were watching it on the internet but it was still so great. 


Here is me in my mosquito net castle!
(Special thanks to Momma Hutchens!)
My comp and I call it my castle haha
We are looking forward to the baptism of Julia this week! Yay! She has been suffering a bit this last week. Her daughter-in-law left her husband (Julia's son). When she left she took her daughter as well. This has been difficult for Julia because her grand daughter was like her own daughter. They had a very strong and special relationship. She has been falling in and out of a hard depression. It got so bad one day that she cut off all of her hair. BUT this amazing woman still did not miss every session of conference and is still firm, firm, firm in her baptism and her desire to follow Christ. We have been helping her to strengthen her faith in God more so that she can know that all trial that come her way are conquerable if she confides in Heavenly Father. Please keep her in your prayers this week as she prepares to take this wonderful step. 
This last Saturday of me and my comp in the streets of MEXICOOOOO :)

Family (for you are ALL my family), I am working so hard. I am trying to be better everyday in every aspect of this work. I really want to thank you so much for your love and support in these 8 months. They haven't been easy because I working on God's team and there are always forces against that team but I have learned so much and am trying to just be an obedient daughter of God.
Thank you all so much for all of the inspiring emails you send me each week. I am always almost in tears every Monday when I see the amount of love you all send me each week. It gives me hope :)

Les quiero y les extraño!

Hermanaut 

No comments:

Post a Comment