Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Changes

I HAVE SHOUT OUTS!!! Yaaaaayyyy!! haha I would like to give al of my love to two very special people! Happy birthday to my cousin Warren Smith and to the beautiful Raxanne Wise!! I seriously hope that you guys are/were so happy on your special days and that you can feel all the love that Heavenly Father has for you guys! Love you!

SO these are some freaking delicious bananas that they
do here. They like cook them in the fire with the peal and all
and are so delicious! It's like banana boats but better! We have
eaten healthy that day so when we were walking back to
our house we decided to buy one to stop such healthiness! haha


These are soy burgers... and I ate them all.... haha 
just kidding but they were super good too!
Today the six of us went to one of our houses and 
made some good food! I made tortillas by hand! 
We made empanadas and for dessert my cinnamon 
chocolate chip (in this case nutella spread because 
there aren't chocolate chips here) banana pancakes! It was super fun!
Well we got some awesome news yesterday in ward counsel after our church services! The stake in which I serve right now is trying to divide our ward! We have about 300 active members so the stake wants to split us! BUT that means we, as missionaries, need to work super hard! We are working with the ward leaders and members to really get more converts! We talked honestly yesterday about getting some more strong members so that we can make this awesome chagnge! I am excited! I know that this is evidence that the Lord is pressuring His work in this area so I KNOW that there are people here in our are who are ready to listen to our message. It really excites me! I was feeling pretty down the other day because we haven't really been able to find a bunch of people but I KNOW that this is an answer to us that as we continue to diligently work to find people the Lord will provide. But we will not recieve a witnes until AFTER the trial of our faith! So we just have to keep going! I already feel skinnier from walking so much! ;) haha!

Well i also wrote changes as the subject because I have a not very exciting announcement to make.. haha. Well, last week I was really worried about my BYU stuff. Well, school in general. In one of my last interviews with my mission president he gave me permission to think about my school and what I will do after the mission because we are coming close to deadlines and what not. I was and am super excited about BYU. But the thing is that sometimes I just didn't have the time to put all of my effort into my application. And I hated thinking about it. But really, I started praying the other night. I was honest with God with my desires (as if He didn't already know haha) and I just told Him that I will do what He wants me to do. I just needed to know where I need to go after the mission. He made it very clear to me and so I am following it. I am not sure what He has planned for me. I know that my plans to go to BYU RIGHT after the mission weren't pure, or in better words, going to BYU is a good idea but for my reasons it was the wrong time. I am going to stay back in Reno for at least another 6 or 7 months after the mission. I feel so very content with this decision. The Lord told me very clearly that I should. I know what I want to happen after the mission ut if the Lord would guide me in another direction I should follow it. I feel so happy about it. I feel relieved. And really, I promised Him that for a year and a half I would serve Him and only Him. As I was thinking about BYU I was trying to serve my other desires. I was called to do this so I am going to put all of my efforts into it. I feel so content with the work that the Lord has had me do thud far. I feel different, changed. I don't want to do what I want anymore because what the Lord wants is better. So, I will be seeing all of in you in Reno for a long time after the mission. I know that at least my family is happy haha. Sorry if I sound dramatic and lame but if there is something that I want you all to know, it's the the Lord knows best. Sometimes we make plans to serve what we want, but when we choose to do what the Lord wants He makes betters plans for us. 

I love this work so much. There is nothing in the world like it. Serving the children of God isn't just a work for a year and a half or two years, it's a daily things 24/7. Love is the most powerful weapon that we possess. And I KNOW that God answers our prayers. I love you all so very much! Have a great week!

Con todo mi corazón,
Hermanaut

No comments:

Post a Comment