Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Learning

Hi everyone!

From left to right: Sister Hernandez from Tabasco Mexico,
Sister Campos from Cajamarka, Peru, Sister Naut
from RENO NEVADAAAAA wooo, and Sister Lizano from Lima, Peru.
Another super-fast week. Things are going great in Burgos. We are working our butts off. We aren't perfect but we are perfect and trying to the best that we can every day. 

It was another good week. I feel such an incredible difference in my life. I feel like I am so much more in tune with the Spirit. I don't know what has changed. I just feel like so many of my prayers that I have been pleading for have been answered in these last few weeks. It's unreal. I feel grateful, purely grateful. We have seen a lot of little miracles. I want to share what happened yesterday. There was a rally or something for one of the political parties so a few of our appointments fell because they were there. So we went contacting and we were walking down this hill.

I had this feeling that someone was behind us so I looked behind and I noticed it was a woman. As I turned my head back around this heart stopping feeling rushed through me that we needed to talk to her. I was trying to figure out how we could smoothly talk to her without turning around suddenly and contacting her and ultimately scaring her. At the most perfect moment we had to stop for a car and she caught up to us. We have a lot of giveaway cards for talking with people and a lot of pictures of Christ and things like that. The whole day I had a card with the temple on it with me and for some reason I just never gave it away. I consciously made the decision to not give it away. I don't know why but I didn't.

When we were talking I gave her that card and we were able to do some inspired questions to be able to get her to tell us about herself. About 12 years about her husband at 24 years old died of a brain tumor. He left her with her daughter of 7 years. Although she told us that it has been fine you could see in her eyes that it hurt her. Coincidence that we had just given her that temple card? I think not. We explained that families were created by God and that He intends to keep them together. We explained that she could be sealed to her husband and daughter for time and eternity, that it would be a guarantee. Her eyes glittered with hope. In that moment and in that street corner, the Spirit was so strong. It testified to every single one of us that this was part of the perfect plan that God made for us. We have an appointment with her at 7. I am excited to teach her.

The week was filled with these kind of testimony building moments. I feel so happy. I feel content with everything. I also found out that the mom of two of my converts in Palmas (Joselyn y Bet-Sua) was baptized last Saturday. She was a reference that Sister Pirez and I received. We taught her a few times but it just wasn't her time. It brought tears to my eyes to know that she finally accepted the gospel. I have a growing testimony of the timing of everything. God truly intends that all of his children learn about the gospel. 

This was last monday night when we had special changes.
Sister Hernandez is also training another Peruvian missionary
and we thought it was funny that we were wearing
 the same thing and we are both training.
My companion is so very wonderful. She is so very humble as well. It's been difficult sometimes for a variety of reasons. As I try to help her understand certain things about doctrine and norms of missionary work, she humbly listens and tries to improve every day. I love her very much. I admire her humility.

Things are well. I am signing up for classes this week. I will be taking political science, introduction to international studies, Spanish for returning missionaries, a Book of Mormon class, and piano lessons! My counselor put the first 4 classes together for me and said that this load is what I should do for my first semester back but I needed one more class to be a full time student. I went with the vibe of my counselor and will be taking this class to help me be calm :) woo hoo!

I testify with all that I am that Christ lives and that He is actively working in our lives. I know that God knows us perfectly and we can have hope that all things will work out for the better. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and perfect. And I know that we can come closer to our Heavenly Father by reading it and applying its teachings in our daily lives and that there is no other book that has the power like it does. I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is not a onetime thing but a way of life. I know that the spiritual things are a million times more important that all temporal things. 
I love you all so very much. 
See you soon!

Hermanaut

63 days

No comments:

Post a Comment