Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Hi loved ones!!!

So I owe a HUGE HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to my wonderful father!!! And I owe it to a lot of other men in my life who have been here with me as well! I can honestly say that I have been blessed with an incredible amount of father figures along with my amazing biological father.

It was an excellent week. I can’t believe that i am in my last 6 weeks. I have been giving all that I have for the last 17 months, everything. Today my companion and I were able to go to Cuautla (where I started my mission and the last area that I was in) to say goodbye to investigators and members. It was an incredible experience. I was able to talk to so many people that I love. To finalize this trip we went to my first area. I had to so many flashbacks. I was able to see a member and an old investigator for the very last visit in that area. It was very emotional as I left. What hit me so hard was the huge change that I have seen in the last 17 months. There were a lot of tears and I cried a fair amount as I left Cuautla. It amazed me that I could barely talk Spanish when I had first got there but had made some of the strongest connections in my life there... 

Honestly I can't describe what I feel in the hour drive back to Cuernavaca I just felt content and satisfied. I was able to look back and say to these last 17 months that I have left EVERYTHING that I had in that time. I am not perfect. That doesn't mean that I was perfect nor that my decisions were the best, but in every moment that I have had here in Mexico I have given everything that I had in that moment. 

There is a lot of work to do still. It's not over. I know I will cry when I leave, but when I am home I know that I will be ready to start my life there with the confidence that I did all that I could in 18 months. I have given the Lord my whole being. I know He lives and works presently in our lives. I know that we must work every day to be perfect like our Example and Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that every moment that we dedicate to him is worth it. I know that the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I know that faith is action. 

I love you all so much.

Come unto Christ and be perfected in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment