Saturday, July 18, 2015

Better Safe than Sorry.....

HOLAAAAA!!!

Ok so the title of this email is "better safe than sorry" becaaaaause, I will not be sending anymore pictures home from this point on. Sorry, but I have gotten viruses on my memory cards 2 times already and LUCKILY I got the majority of my pictures back but NONE of the videos and next week I have to send 12 to the mission sooooo you'll all just have to wait. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me and fool me thrice.... JUST DON'T LET IT HAPPEN THREE TIMES haha. I don't knooow. Anyway!!! This week I am going to attach my itinerary for getting home. There have been a lot of people asking me about when I am getting home and the details so I'm just going to attach the thing. Also, if you want to be at the airport or see me directly afterwards call my dad's cell phone so that you can arrange it with him. I am planning on eating at in n out or chilis (for their tortilla explosion salad) afterwards. OR Red Robins or J dogs. I DONT KNOW. Ok yea, enough.

Anywayyyys!! We have just seen a lot of miracles. We have a lot of investigators progressing and it is so awesome. We are able to truly see how the gospel of Jesus Christ truly blesses people and allows them to feel the realest thing that they have ever felt in their lives. Yesterday we had 11 investigators in church. We lost one though because he's moving to Distrito Federal in the state of Mexico :( Super sad about it but he's going to keep going to church up there. Honestly, I just want to share my testimony of this gospel this week.

I know that the purpose of our lives is to gain experience. And that means all kinds of experiences. That means we will suffer physical and spiritual and emotional pains. That means physical, spiritual, and emotional happiness. But our loving Father in heaven wants us to enjoy this life through the hard times and that is why He has given us the gospel. The gospel is the only way to fill the emptiness that we feel. I know Christ lives and works within us. "The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ takes the slums out of people, and then they take themselves out of the slums. The world would mold men by changing their environment. Christ changes men, who then change their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature." I know that this statement by President Ezra Taft Benson is true. I have felt it. I testify that Jesus Christ can change us and that His gospel is perfect. I know that the only true happiness that we can feel in this life is through people.

We feel God when we love others. I know that our understanding of God is so little but if we humble ourselves before Him, He will illuminate our minds and broaden our understanding so that we can feel HIS love. This life is not a race. It's one step at a time. And we must allow ourselves to make mistakes and to be imperfect so that we can progress and become more like Jesus. I know that THAT is the reason that Christ died for us, So that we can make mistakes, repent and grow and so that those mistakes don't lead to shame and guilt in the sight of the Father. I know that God loves us and knows us by name, which His arm is always extended towards us and calls us in the name of Christ. I know that I am not perfect but I do know that in Christ I can be perfected. 

I love you all so much.
See you soon!
Hermanaut

21 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment