Friday, July 31, 2015

Home is whenever I’m with YOU!

Hola a todos!

I feel so content to tell you all that in one week I will be returning home from being a full-time missionary for 18 months in the Mexico Cuernavaca Mission.

I would like to end with the 18 things that I have learned in 18 months.

1. Everything happens for a reason.

2. If your trainer can have patience with you, you can have patience with yourself.

3. It doesn't matter where you are, the gospel is the same.

4. You don't need words to know someone.

5. There are only 2 types of people in this world; those that you love and those that you don't know yet.

6. There is ALWAYS calm after the storm.

7. There can be sunshine in your soul every day; you just have to learn to love someone to be able to find it.

8. Pride divides but humility provides.

9. Latin America has the most beautiful culture.

10. We have family everywhere; there is no need to be homesick.

11. Christ is light and whatever is light is good.

12. The Lord uses imperfect people and situations to show His power.

13. I am a daughter of God.

14. Love solves everything.

15. God ALWAYS answers prayers.

16. Christ works from the inside out.

17. We are here to be tried.

18. "I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." Nephi 3:7



Those are really only a few things. Like I said, I don't have many words so maybe this is the worst last missionary email ever. I will just leave you all with my testimony.

I know that our Savior is Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I know that He lives and works within us daily. I know that God is our Father in heaven. I know that this time on earth is just a time of probation and if we want to live it in happiness we must live the gospel. I know that humility is the best way to come to know God. I know that one day We can be perfect but that day is not today... but that doesn't mean we should give up, on the contrary, it means that we must fight harder and harder every day. I know that HOME is whenever I am with YOU. Or with him or her or that person in the corner or the bum on the street or the Chinese lady in the Mexican restaurant. HOME is where we make a personal connection with God through the presence of someone else. I know that Christ died so that we can live. I know that we are never left alone. I know the God is love. I know that the spirit guides us to know where we need to be and what to say. I know that miracles exist. I know that the gospel is true. I know that we just have to try every single day, to learn to love those around us and to just be grateful.

I love you all. I will see you soon.


Hermanaut

No comments:

Post a Comment