Monday, May 12, 2014

Rain, earthquakes, and flooding

Hola everyone!! 

So I don't have a ton of time to write this week so I am sorrrrry... The only interesting thing that happened was that on Thursday it rain, THE WHOLE DAY. It stormed pretty heavily until about 4 pm. In about one hours time serveral things accured. First, the rained started. It was literally like buckets of water just falling down. I have never experienced rain that hard before.. Then a little bit later our power went out and it started flooding from the front door of our house and finally we had another huge earthquake! It was crazy! The earthquake was not as big as the one we had a few weeks ago but we are closer to it this time so we felt it a lot more. It was the strongest thing I have ever felt in my life. It was so crazy! It literally shook our whole apartment. We had an apointment with a member at 1 and once we arrived at their house it started pouring and they wouldn't let us leave because it was so bad. And we were on the top of a hug muddy hill. We were at their house for about 4 hours until we could actually walk outside again. That day was crazy. Apparently at the end of this month and then the next month is like that everyday. I can't wait haha. But since then it has been SUPER hot. You can feel the rays on sun scorching your skin... ouuuchhh haha

We having been working with a list of members who live in our area. Whenever we visit someone we have the list of the people that live in that area and if the appointment falls through we visit all these people. A lot of them actually don't live here anymore so it also cleans the list up for the ward that we are serving in. We also are able to find families that are less active and need help. It has been wonderful. We are also able to contact others and find new investigators because we don't really know where we are going haha. 

This week has been great. I was able to talk to my family yesterday and that really gave me a booster. On top of that I have been studying the scriptures a lot. I always go in like I know nothing and just let Heavenly Father and the Spirit teach me. It is incredible what you can learn and begin to understand when you just give it up to God. He really is our Father in Heaven. We are stuck in a very cruel world, but I also know that we can live in this world but not be of the world. I have been studying in the New Testament about Christ a lot. I have realized, TRULY, how important it is that we just love every soul that is on this earth. We all need love whether we think so or not. I know that we are bound to each other through a force stronger than we can imagine. I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve and to be a tool in the Lord's hands.

I miss you all and love you all so very much.
Con todo mi corazon
Hermanaut

No comments:

Post a Comment