Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Rah, Rah, Rah Rah Rah Goooooooo Cougars!!

Hollllaaaaaa :)
Hna Pirez of Argentina, me, Hna Johnson of Spain, 
and Hna Summers of Utah, USA share the ward together!
We were also blessed to be able to try on 
some traditional Mexican dancing skirts!

I am applying to BYU right now soooo that would explain the title of the email. Wish me luck! haha 

Anyway, another week has flown by and I have no idea where the time has gone. The quickness of time really only reminds me of our lives and how really we must cherish every moment and work hard in whatever we do everyday. Hermana Pirez and I are seeing a ton of miracles in our area and have some excellent people to teach. Although I feel as if I have been struggling through a few things, I have felt the love of God more fully in my life. I have recognized that I can't do anything without His divine help. I am completely dependant on Him and on the sacrifice that Christ offered us. Sometimes I feel a little lost, I let the little things get to me, but then someone comes along who needs me and my testimony that I forget about myself. I have learned that that is the way the satan works. He makes us think about ourselves and that's when we find ourselves in trouble. We get lost in me, me, me. However, Christ taught us that the first two commandments are love: to love God and to love our neighbor. Although I am not perfect at either of these, I strive to live by them. I have realized that as we do these things obedience come naturally. If we love God, we keep all of His commandments, if we love our neighbor (or companion), we help them to also be obedient and serve them with all that we have. 
I truly love the mission. It scares me to think that I am almost halfway finished with it! I never want it to end! I feel so blessed by the love of each one of you and even more blessed to be serving in Mexico! Sorry that this is so short but I am trying to do my application. Thank you all for your love and support :)

Les quiero con todo mi corazon
Hermanaut
This last week we had an excellent activity with unreal success! NOCHE DE MEXICO! There was traditional dancing, tacos, a mechanical bull, and the traditional Mexico Independence Day GRITA (yell)! It was so sweet! I feel so blessed to have experienced so much Mexican culture! AND Hermana Pirez and I definitely dressed for the occasion!

Cristopher (R) and Ingrid(L). Cristopher is the grandson of a member here in this ward and will be getting baptized this Thursday!





Me drinking a traditional tea in Argentina called Mate.
The missionaries there aren't allowed to drink it because
it's used relatively to sit around and talk for a bunch of hours!

My amigo Valentino. We just hang out when we are waiting for our laundry!


No comments:

Post a Comment